Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Review: Neutrogena Pink Grapefruit Wash and Scrub


I was so excited to use these products! I had done mountains of research, read countless reviews so I was all set to be blown away. The packaging was gorgeous and they smelled wonderful! These was going to be the products that were to save my skin. Literally. I have acne, not terrible acne but enough for me to be on medication for so I expected Neutrogena to work for me. The wash and scrub were under €6 each.

But no, I found Neutrogena's Pink Grapefruit Wash wash to be TERRIBLE! It did absolutely nothing for my skin, if anything, my skin got worse over the course of me using Pink Grapefruit wash. My skin didn't feel clean after using it and I hated the way it didn't lather. I was shocked because this wash was supposed to be designed for acne. Obviously not. I would not recommend this wash to people with acne as it just doesn't work. However, I think Neutrogena's Pink Grapefruit wash would be perfect for those blessed without problem skin. 
I would give the wash 1/5 stars because it did nothing for my skin.

In contrast to the wash, I found the Pink Grapefruit Scrub to be quite good! It made my skin tingle after I washed it (in a good way!) and dare I say, it cleared a few of my breakouts. It didn't dry my skin out so long as I gave it a light moisturize after which is excellent for a scrub. It's gentle enough to use twice a day but I'd go for once a day to ensure you don't strip your skin of all its natural oils. I'm not sure if I will be repurchasing it, but at the extremely reasonable price of €6, I'm tempted. 
I would give Neutrogenas scrub 3/5 stars because it worked well with my skin and cleared several breakouts. 

If anyone knows any drugstore face washes for acne let me know in the comments!
-Leanne xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment